An Interdistrict Transfer Agreement (District to District) formal agreements between Rowland Unified School District and other districts allow for the transfer of students between districts, in accordance with Education Code (EC) 48204, the approval to attend outside of the district of residency is not mandatory. 
Interdistrict Transfer Agreements (Rowland USD residents) who would like to enroll in another district, must complete and submit an Interdistrict Transfer Agreement application. Student Services has 10 to 15 days to process the Interdistrict Transfer Agreement from the date or receipt. 
You need to complete and provide the required verification documents mentioned on page two (2) of the Interdistrict Transfer Agreement, if your reason is due to Child Care and/or Employment. 
If your reason is due to, "other reason", please provide your reason on page two (2) of the Interdistrict Transfer Agreement.   Incomplete applications will not be accepted.  
The Director of Student Services shall review the request and may approve or deny the request subject to the terms and conditions of the Interdistrict Transfer Agreement.(BP/AR 5117).
An approved Interdistrict Transfer Agreement will be mailed to the requested district for their review, decision and signature.  
A denied Interdistrict Transfer Agreement will be mailed to the parent with a copy of the Board Policy and Appeal Procedures.  
You can email the completed Interdistrict Transfer Agreement and required additional documents (if applicable) to:
Attend Rowland Unified School District 
Interdistrict Transfer Permits (Non-residents) to attend within the Rowland Unified School District, that has been approved by the student's district of residence, may be emailed to: [email protected] Students new to the Rowland Unified School District and are requesting to attend in grades 1st-12th must submit the following:
  • Approved Interdistrict Transfer Application release from your district of residence 
  • Current transcript and/or last report card for student's 1st-12th grade
  • Attendance record for student's 1st-12th grade
  • Discipline report for student's 1st-12th grade
Acceptance to attend the Rowland Unified School District is managed to safeguard special programs, mandated class size limits and verification of all information provided. It is the parent’s responsibility to provide transportation to and from school.