The Rowland Unified School District special education programs serve eligible students with mild to intensive needs ranging from preschool to adult transition programs.
All special education services are determined at the individual student level through the Individualized Education Program (IEP) process. The IEP process is student-centered and focuses on a student’s strengths, unique needs, goals, and necessary services and supports that are reasonably calculated to provide the student an educational benefit in the least restrictive environment.
If you would like more information about the special education identification process, and special education programs and services, please contact the school psychologist at your child’s school.
The Special Education Department of Rowland Unified School District is dedicated to providing support and services to students with disabilities that maximizes their full potential while addressing their unique needs.
- That all students can reach their highest possible standard of achievement.
- That students can become contributing members of our community.
- That ongoing staff development will focus on the refinement of instructional practices that reflect the unique needs of our students.
- That all education activities will be meaningful, authentic, and engaging for our students.
- That all Rowland Unified Educators will model excellence in their fields.
Dr. Shree Walker, Director
Stacy Berrest, Coordinator
Secondary Programs / Data Monitoring & Compliance
Nicole Hernandez, Coordinator
Elementary Programs / Instruction
Special Education Records Requests:
Cindy Escutia (626) 935-8210