Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee
The Board of Education has appointed seven members of the community to the Measure R Bond Citizen’s Oversight Committee. The Bond Oversight Committee is responsible for overseeing the expenditure of funds raised by the $118 million 2006 Measure R Bond and the $158.8 Million 2012 Measure R Bond for schools in the Rowland Unified School District.
The committee reviews the District’s expenditures of bond proceeds to ensure that they are expended only for the purposes set forth in the ballot measure, including District personnel construction management costs. They also make sure that no bond proceeds are used for any teacher or administrative salaries or other operating expenses.
The panel will serve for a term of two years, and by law, members must be representative of the community in specific areas: (business community, senior citizen’s organization, parent/guardian of a child enrolled in the District, taxpayers association, parent/guardian of a child in the District and active in a parent-teacher organization, and two community members appointed by Board).
2006 & 2012 CITIZENS' BOND OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE CURRENT MEMBERSHIP
- Ms. Natalie Moreno - Chair (Parent/PTA/PTO) Term 3/12/20 - 3/11/22
- Ms. Denise Jackman - Vice Chair (Tax Payers' Organization Community) Term 6/5/19 - 6/4/21
- Mr. Gerald Casterline - Member (Seniors’ Organization) Term 5/28/20 - 5/27/22
- Mr. Jae Chun - Member (Business Community) Term 8/14/19 - 8/13/21
- Ms. Bonnie Duenas - Member (Community Member) Term 8/13/20 - 8/12/22
- Ms. Yvette Romo - Member (Community Member) Term 5/28/20 - 5/27/22
- Ms. Wendy Zhong - Member (Parent/PTA/PTO) Term 5/9/19 - 5/8/21
Please call the Administrative Services Office at (626)854-8309 with any questions.
**CURRENT OPENING FOR CITIZENS' BOND OVERSIGHT COMMITTMEE MEMBER FOR PARENT/PTA/PTO MEMBER: Below is the Invitation/Application for Those Interested in Applying! Deadline is April 30, 2021**