**CURRENT OPENINGS FOR CITIZENS' BOND OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE MEMBERS**
Tax Payers' Organization Community Member
Business Community Member
Below is the Invitation/Application for Those Interested in Applying!
Please call the Administrative Services Department with any questions at (626) 854-8309
Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee
The Board of Education has appointed seven members of the community to the Measure R Bond Citizen’s Oversight Committee. The Bond Oversight Committee is responsible for overseeing the expenditure of funds raised by the $118 million 2006 Measure R Bond and the $158.8 Million 2012 Measure R Bond for schools in the Rowland Unified School District.
The committee reviews the District’s expenditures of bond proceeds to ensure that they are expended only for the purposes set forth in the ballot measure, including District personnel construction management costs. They also make sure that no bond proceeds are used for any teacher or administrative salaries or other operating expenses.
The panel will serve for a term of two years, and by law, members must be representative of the community in specific areas: (business community, senior citizen’s organization, parent/guardian of a child enrolled in the District, taxpayers association, parent/guardian of a child in the District and active in a parent-teacher organization, and two community members appointed by Board).
2006 & 2012 CITIZENS' BOND OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE CURRENT MEMBERSHIP
- Ms. Yvette Romo - Chair (Community Member) Term 5/26/22 - 5/25/24
- Ms. Bonnie Duenas - Vice Chair (Community Member) Term 8/11/22 - 8/10/24
- Mr. Gerald Casterline - Member (Seniors’ Organization) Term 5/26/22 - 5/25/24
- Ms. Joanne Chan - Member (Parent/PTA/PTO) Term 5/12/22 - 5/11/24
- Mr. Obie Obiacoro - Member (Parent/PTA/PTO) Term 6/10/21- 6/9/23
- VACANT - (Tax Payers' Organization Community)
- VACANT - Member (Business Community)
Please call the Administrative Services Office at (626)854-8309 with any questions.