JOIN US NEXT YEAR FOR KINDERFEST -- March 16, 2024!
Rowland Unified School District 1830 S. Nogales Street, Rowland Heights 91748
Rowland Unified School District hosts our annual school readiness event called KINDERFEST that is exclusively for families of 3, 4 & 5 year olds who are considering school choices for Transitional Kindergarten (TK) or Kindergarten. It provides a sneak-peak into the innovative teaching and learning that takes place in classrooms across Rowland Unified (RUSD).
Thank you to those who attended this year's KinderFest! If you want to learn more about how to enroll in Transitional Kindergarten or Kindergarten for the upcoming 2023-2024 school year, join us for the following virtual information meeting:
Early Enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year is now open! The next District information parent/guardian meeting to learn more about Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten for your child is:
Upcoming VIRTUAL Kindergarten Information Meeting:
April 12, 2023
6 PM - 7 PM (Click Here for Virtual Meeting Zoom Link)
*Kindergarten Birthday Requirement: Children born between September 2, 2017 - September 1, 2018
*TK Birthday Requirement: Children born between September 2, 2018 - April 2, 2019
KinderFest is an interactive and engaging event created for 3-5 year olds and their parents.Here are the KinderFest Booths and activities that families can enjoy:
- KINDERFEST CLASSROOM (Conference Room 4): Visit a TK/Kinder classroom with flexible seating, technology, and Teacher Experts!
- CAFETERIA EXPERIENCE (Portable 2): Kids can line up to sample yummy, nutritious food by RUSD Nutrition Services!
- RUSD’s Magic School Bus: Children can take their first steps and take photos on RUSD’s big yellow school bus.
- CaliforniaScience Center: RUSD’s Science Partner will bring fun, hands-on science activities led by Science Center liaisons.
- Kiddie Coding: Children can code robots called “Beebots” and make them follow a line!
- Mommy & Me Programs with Rowland Adult & Recreation: Parents can sign-up for classes to learn together with their child.
- Healthy Kids: Parents can ask a pediatrician and nurse health-related questions for their pre-school aged child’s needs and learn how to wash their hands properly at the Handwashing Station.
- Tzu Chi Vision Clinic: RUSD Partner Tzu Chi will provide their vision services to share with families.
- Rowland Reading Nook: Children will read a variety of books in a “comfy” green area and Los Angeles County librarians will share information regarding reading programs for children ages 3-5.
- RUSD Dual Language Immersion Programs: Starting in Kindergarten, children in RUSD can learn to read, write and speak a foreign language! Learn more about our Spanish and Mandarin Dual Language Immersion programs.
- Child Safety: Los Angeles County Sheriff Deputy Claudia Maldonado will be on-hand to provide safety information for families and a police car for kids to climb in!
- RUSD Family Resource Center: The FRC supports and connects families to a variety of services including but not limited to: counseling, health services, substance abuse, food resources and so much more!
- RUSD Student Services: Learn about RUSD’s award-winning schools and how to enroll online at www.rowlandschools.org/enroll.
- Elementary Counseling and Early Development Booths: We can help answer families’ questions on RUSD services that are available.
- Migrant Education: Families need to eligible for services that include: academic instruction, bilingual and multicultural instruction, career education services, counseling, health services and preschool services.
- RUSD’s Music for All: Did you know EVERY student in RUSD has music education as part of their school day in grades 1-6? Learn more about our music programs! Families will meet RUSD musicians as they enjoy a performance from the Nogales Noble Orchestra from 10 AM – 11 AM.
- Rowland Adult & Recreation: Enjoy craft activities and dancing! Also sign-up for classes to learn together with your child.