Saturday, November 2, 2019
9 AM to Noon
At the Rowland Unified School District Office
1830 S. Nogales Street Rowland Heights 91748
Prep You and Your Child for School Success!
Exclusively for Parents and Their Children Ages 3, 4 & 5
We invite our community to this event for families with pre-school aged children who want to learn more about and experience Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten in Rowland Unified School District. This school-readiness event is designed to give parents a sneak-peek into what their child will experience when entering school in RUSD.
Meet with our Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten Teacher Experts in Reading, Writing, Math & More to give you tips to help your child!
This festive, fair-like atmosphere will include experiential booths! Come enjoy and explore with your child. No appointments needed -- stop by and enjoy!
- MakerSpace: Children will be able to “make” mini catapults and have fun launching tot-sized seasonal erasers.
- Kiddie Coding: Children can code robots called “Beebots” and make them follow a line!
- Rowland Reading Nook: Children will read a variety of books in a “comfy” area and Los Angeles County librarians will share information regarding reading programs for children ages 3-5.
- Kiddie Tech: Children will use iPads and learn a digital citizenship lesson.
- Photo Booths: Kids can grab a photo in the seat of a school bus, become a great pumpkin and meet and take pictures with Rowland High School Mascots Johnny & Storm!
- Healthy Kids: Parents can ask a pediatrician and nurse health-related questions for their pre-school aged child’s needs.
- California Science Center: Rowland Unified’s science partner will bring fun, hands-on science activities led by Science Center liaisons.
- Mommy & Me Programs with Rowland Adult & Recreation: Parents can sign-up for classes to learn together with their child.
- Handwashing Station: Nurses will teach children how to wash their hands properly.
- Child Safety: Los Angeles County Sheriff Deputy Denver will be-on hand to provide safety information for families and a police car for kids to climb in!
- RUSD Dual Language Immersion Learning: Learn more about the RUSD schools that offer dual language immersion programs in Spanish and Chinese starting in Kindergarten.
- East Valley Community Health Center: RUSD is one of the few Districts to have a school-based health center next door to the Northam Elementary School campus that offers health and counseling services, including dental and vision care to families.