- Athletics - The intermediate schools and both high schools have exceptional athletics programs. The boys' and girls' athletic teams at both high schools are top contenders for CIF and regional championships.
- Academic Competitions - At the intermediate level, our schools compete in Math Counts, the California Math League, Science Olympiad and many other academic competitions such as the Los Angeles County Academic Decathlon competition and Mock Trial competitions.
- Journalism/Yearbook - Many of our elementary schools and all of our intermediate and high schools offer journalism and yearbook courses.
- Speech/Debate - Leadership opportunities, such as speech/debate, begin in high school. Both Nogales and Rowland are fierce competitors in regional and state competitions.
- Leadership - Through the Associated Student Body (ASB) students have opportunities for leadership and character development.