Innovative Academic Programs / High School
- International Baccalaureate Program (IB) - Both high schools offer IB - which combines an international learning philosophy with rigorous coursework. Students who successfully complete the IB program earn the coveted IB diploma at graduation.
- Advanced Placement (AP) - Both high schools offer AP courses in biology, physics, calculus, history, English literature, Spanish, French, and many other disciplines. AP classes are college-level courses that culminate with a challenge exam. Students earning passing scores earn high school graduation credits and college units that are accepted at accredited universities around the globe. With enough AP courses, students can complete college in 3 years or less, which translates into huge cost savings.
- Digital Art/Production and Animation - Both high schools offer digital production studios with the latest industry equipment. Students compose, record and produce original music, productions, videos and
- Career Certification Program - Winner of a National Magna Award from the American School Board Journal for program innovation and excellence, RUSD's Career Certification Program is ideal for college-bound students who want to explore career interests while in high school. Coursework is clustered according to each area of discipline and culminates with an internship, research project and portfolio class. Pathway areas include: Arts and Communications, Business, Family and Consumer Sciences, Health and Medical Services, Public and Human Services, and Technology.
- AVID - Available to students at both high schools, AVID provides students with the support they need to successfully graduate from high school and attend college. Nogales is a National Demonstra-tion School - a model AVID program.