Innovative Academic Programs / Intermediate
- Honors Courses - Students who are high achievers or who have been designated as GATE enroll in a wide variety of honors courses in science, language arts and mathematics.
- High School Coursework - To give students opportunities to enroll in as many International Baccalaureate (IB) and Advanced Placement (AP) courses as possible when in high school, students are encouraged to take high school level courses in math, science and foreign languages while in grades 7-8.
- Global Education - Students at Alvarado, Giano, and Rincon Intermediate Schools are offered pre-IB (International Baccalaureate) programs which prepare students for admission to the IB programs at Nogales and Rowland High Schools.
- Student Services and Counseling Program - All intermediate schools received recognition for ourstanding counseling services by meeting the National Counseling Standards.
- AVID (Advancement via Individual Determination) - Alvarado, Giano, and Rincon Intermediate Schools offer study skills, tutoring and other support services to students who have the goal of attending college.