Are you considering retiring and don't know where to start? Here is a roadmap to help you with the process.
Contact STRS or PERS directly for information on your retirement income benefits.CalSTRS website: https://www.calstrs.com/ 800-228-5453 or 916-414-1099CalPERS website: https://www.calpers.ca.gov/ 888-CalPERS or 888-225-7377
- Contact HR to request a resignation form. Complete and submit your resignation form to HR.
Health Benefits into retirement
You are eligible for District paid benefits at the same rate as an active employee if:
- You are between the age of 55 and 64
- Rendered 10 consecutive years of service with the District. Benefits end when you reach 65 years old.
- Retire from CalSTRS/CalPERS and from the District within 120 days of each other.
Contact Risk Management to complete your Retirement package.
- Once you turn 65 years old, you must enroll in Medicare. You may keep the dental and vision coverage through the District and pay the group discounted rate. You will be billed quarterly.
- If you are 65 years old or older and have rerendered 10 consecutive years of service with the District, you must enroll in Medicare. You may keep the dental and vision coverage through the District and pay the group discounted rate. You will be billed quarterly. Please review the Dental & Vision rates below and submit the Dental & Vision Election form to Risk Management.
Voluntary Benefits - Any benefits in which you were enrolled will be terminated. You will be offered the option to continue the coverage. Details will be included in your retirement package.