Community Advisory Committee (CAC)
● Advising the administration of the Rowland Unified School District (District) regarding the development,
amendment, and review of the Local Plan and the review of special programs and related services.
● Making annual recommendations on needs, goals, and priorities based on the Local Plan.
● Assisting in parent education and training on special education programs, issues, rights, and
responsibilities, leadership development, and other issues as identified by parent-members of the CAC.
● Recruiting parents and other volunteers who may contribute to the implementation of the Local Plan.
● Encouraging public involvement in the development and ongoing review of the Local Plan.
● Acting in support of individuals with disabilities and participating in awareness programs and in-servicing
for parents, students, educators, and community members, as outlined in the Local Plan.
● Becoming familiar with the current laws and regulations pertaining to special education and related
services for individuals with disabilities.
● Encouraging community involvement in local schools.
● Supporting district-wide and local school activities on behalf of individuals with disabilities.
● Assisting in parent awareness of the importance of regular school attendance.
● Establishing and fulfilling other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by the CAC and
approved by the District Board of Trustees (Board)
• October 20, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m.
• November 17, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m.
• February 23, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m.
• April 27, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m.
(Register to Attend by Clicking Here)
(Submit a CAC Business Meeting Speaker Request by Clicking Here)
- May 4, 2021 - Very Special PAINT Night
- Event Registration Closes April 19, 2021
Member Only Planning Meeting
- May 25, 2021 @ TBD