Smith looks forward to welcoming business leaders and congratulating the 14 Principal for a Day student scholarship winners (10 high school, three Adult Education scholarships and one ROP), who will be recognized at the event and presented with $400 scholarships, thanks to corporate sponsors.
A complimentary luncheon is provided for guest principals, with entertainment by the Rowland Unified School District Honor Orchestra, under the direction of Music Teacher, Jonathan Chen. The event Masters of Ceremonies will be Dr. Julie Mitchell, Superintendent of Rowland Unified School District and Anthony Duarte, CEO of the Regional Chamber of Commerce, San Gabriel Valley.
- AXA Advisors
- California Credit Union
- Chaffey Federal Credit Union
- Costco Wholesale
- Custom Alloy Light Metals, Inc.
- Fagen Friedman & Fulfrost LLP
- Heart for Education
- John Howing, Superintendent of La Puente Valley ROP
- Kaiser Permanente
- Leal & Trejo, Attorneys at Law
- Ledesma & Meyer Construction Co., Inc.
- Lenovo USA/Arey Jones Educational Solutions
- Premier Business Equipment, Inc.
- Schneider Electric
- SchoolsFirst FCU
- So Cal Office Technologies
- SVA Architects
- Upper San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District
- VMA Communications, Inc.
- Walnut Valley Water District
For further sponsorship or event information, please contact the Rowland Unified School District Superintendent’s Office at (626) 854-8303.
Below is the Principal for a Day Event Schedule:
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. PRINCIPAL FOR A DAY AWARDS LUNCHEON (Industry Hills Expo Center Pavilion at 16200 Temple Ave., City of Industry)
Considered the region’s most comprehensive annual community outreach program for more than two decades, “Principal for a Day” is a business and education partnership. The event features a partnership between local education agencies along with the Regional Chamber of Commerce San Gabriel Valley and the La Puente Valley Regional Occupational Program.