We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
–Sir Winston Churchill
What great fortune that our daily work offers us the opportunity to make both a living and a life. On a daily basis, all throughout the year, we give of ourselves to help our students grow and learn.
During this holiday season, the employees of the Rowland Unified School District, as well as members of our community, have given so much to make this a joyous season for so many in need.
To highlight just a few:
· The Family Resource Center, through donations from employees and community members, provided over 200 Thanksgiving meal baskets to our families in need.
· The Adopt and Shop program is making this holiday season more joyous for over 100 families and 300 children who will have gifts to open thanks to the generosity of others.
· Santana High School students organized a toy drive to honor a friend who lost her life to cancer.
· The West Covina Sunrise Rotary provided 100 Yorbita Elementary School students with a new pair of shoes, socks and backpacks through a partnership with Payless Shoe Source and the Plaza West Covina.
· Through Shoes that Fit, the West Covina United Church donated shoes, socks and toys for students at Northam Elementary School.
· The Walnut Valley Rotary, along with our high school Interact Clubs, ASB students and community volunteers are packing the RUSD holiday meal baskets for approximately 250 families on Saturday.
· All, or nearly all, of our schools helped get us in the holiday spirit with holiday programs and music concerts, which is the direct result of the hard work of our staff and students.
I wish each of you the happiest of holidays. Take time during this winter break to reflect on all that you have done this year and be proud!
We are the Rowland Unified School District and we make a difference for the children and community we serve.
I look forward to seeing you in the New Year! Be safe.