New California Law requires ALL students entering or advancing into 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grades need to provide the school with proof of a Tdap (whooping cough) shot before starting school this fall.
YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE ABLE TO START SCHOOL ON AUGUST 22, 2011 UNLESS PROOF OF Tdap IS RECEIVED.
• REVIEW YOUR CHILD’S SHOT RECORD NOW.
• If your child received the Tdap shot at age 7 years or older, please bring your child’s immunization (shot) record to your child’s current school office as soon as possible.
• If your child has not received Tdap, get the shot from:
1. Your family physician/clinic
2. RUSD Children’s Clinic--Open Mondays and Thursdays all summer long. (626) 964-4798
3. Dial 211 for a no or low cost provider near you
Remember to bring your child’s immunization record to get the shot then provide written proof of Tdap to your child’s school.
You may also send proof of Tdap the following ways throughout summer: e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; drop off, mail or fax to: Pupil Services 1928 S. Nogales Street, Rowland Heights CA 91748; Fax # (626) 964-6450.
For questions, visit ShotsForSchool.org, rowlandschools.org, or contact your school health office for more information.