NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT FOR 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR NOW OPEN IN ROWLAND UNIFIED
Rowland Unified School District, a nationally acclaimed school district for innovation in learning, equity and excellence, is now accepting enrollment for children entering Transitional Kindergarten or Kindergarten and all new students for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year.
TK/ KINDERGARTEN PARENT INFORMATION MEETINGS: The District will host virtual parent information meetings about Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten and Spanish/Chinese Dual Language Immersion programs on the following dates with Spanish and Chinese translators available:
For further questions, parents can call RUSD Elementary Education Services at (626)854-8371.
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) classes are available at all elementary schools throughout the District and provide high-quality Kindergarten readiness at no cost to parents with classes taught by credentialed teachers. Rowland Unified has extended the age acceptance dates for TK compared to surrounding Districts: it is for children turning 5 years old between September 2, 2022 and March 31, 2023. To enter Kindergarten, children must turn 5 years old on or before September 1, 2022.
Rowland Unified School District (RUSD) offers intensive Dual Language Immersion Programs in Chinese and Spanish that begin in Kindergarten. Children learn to think, read, write and communicate naturally in two languages: English and Chinese or English and Spanish. For additional information about the Dual Language Immersion Programs offered, call the Special Projects Office at (626) 854-8392.
- COLLEGE & CAREER FOCUSED: Rowland Unified School District has college-culture schools and educators are committed to teaching rigorous academic programs that prepare every student for success in college and the workforce. RUSD is proud that both Nogales and Rowland High Schools offer a wide array of Advanced Placement (AP) and Honor Classes, the prestigious International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma, AVID and the unique Career Pathways Program, where students can take career technical education classes in one of six career pathways: Arts & Communications, Business, Family & Consumer Sciences, Health & Medical Services, Public & Human Services, and Technology.Each year RUSD students are accepted and attend the nation’s most prestigious colleges and universities and earn more than $3 million in scholarships.
- MUSIC AND ENRICHMENT: Rowland has a strong commitment to the arts and RUSD’s MUSIC FOR ALL program provides every elementary student in grades 1 through 6 with music instruction during the school day each week with general music/choral instruction, strings or band. The District’s bands and orchestras have won numerous awards and have been invited to perform at prestigious events and venues, including Carnegie Hall in Spring of 2022. For more information visit rusdmusic.org The District also boasts comprehensive athletic programs at each high school and enrichment programs such as Robotics, Engineering, Science Olympiad and more. We invite families to explore each school’s website to view videos and learn more about the many programs offered. Please visit rowlandschools.org to learn more.
- 1-10-22 Enrollment Begins February 1 NR.doc.pdf
- 1-11-22 SPANISH RUSD Enrollment Begins February 1 NR.doc.pdf
- 1-11-21 CHINESE RUSD Enrollment NR.pdf
- 1-11-22 KOREAN Enrollment Begins February 1.pdf
- 2022_RUSD_Accomplishments and Awards.pdf
- 2022-23 Dual Language Immersion Brochure ENGLISH.pdf
- 2022-23 SPANISH Dual Immersion Brochure.pdf
- 2022-23 CHINESE Dual Language Immersion Brochure.pdf