Flyer Distribution Procedures
Request Flier Approval
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. You will receive a confirmation email from Peachjar once your flyer is approved. Flyers will be e-mailed to all parents at requested schools and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will not be distributed to all students. After approval, organizations may drop off 30 approved flyers at each requested school’s office. District flyer delivery is no longer available. Please allow at least 5 business days for flyer review.
Parent Groups and Official School Related Booster Clubs
If you are a parent group or booster club from a participating school and wish to distribute a flyer, contact your school to get started. Your school administration may grant you free uploading privileges or may choose to upload your e-flyer on your behalf.
The Rowland Unified School District schools distribute fliers to its students on behalf of organizations as a courtesy to the community.
If you wish to distribute fliers using Peachjar, follow the steps below. Please note the Rowland Unified School District will no longer distribute paper flyers or advertisements to students.
1. Visit https://www.peachjar.com/
2. Register as an Enrichment Provider or Community Organization.
3. *If non-profit organization, email proof of non-profit status to Cecilia Montellano at firstname.lastname@example.org before uploading your flyer through Peachjar. *Your flyer will not be approved for distribution until this is received.
4. Upload your flyer for approval. Please allow at least 5 business days for flyer review.
The following organizations and agencies may distribute materials through the District:
- Local park and recreation programs that publicize services, special events, public meetings or other gatherings of interest to students or parents/guardians.
- Federal, State and local government entities, including law enforcement agencies and public libraries, that wish to distribute materials necessary to further and/or protect the health, safety, and welfare of students.
- Commercial, non-profit and school-connected organizations for the purpose of promoting educational activities or events listed below but, not limited to:
- School-community advisory councils
- Youth sports organizations
- Community organizations such as Camp Fire, Boy Scouts, and Girl Scouts, which promote youth activities, citizenship, and have a large percentage of District students participating
- School-connected organizations including PTA/PTSO groups, booster organizations, and charitable foundations (including the Rowland Unified School District FORUS Foundation).
- Community partners of the District who provide resources, volunteers, and afterschool programs that support educational instruction and enrichment.
Non-Profit organizations must have a current 501 (c) (3) on file with the Educational Services office. These letters are kept on file. You may be asked to submit an updated letter if your verification is more than 2 years old. If you do not currently have a 501 (c) (3) on file, one must accompany this request. Non-Profit organizations must include their IRS Tax ID# on their flyer.
Flier(s) must be verified to meet all established requirements by the Rowland Unified School District by the Board of Education. District staff will approve or deny materials based on the RUSD Board policy. Information literature must be educational in nature, supporting the basic educational mission of RUSD and/or benefitting the population of RUSD in a positive manner.
Program Conflict: Fliers promoting programs, classes or activities that compete/conflict with Rowland Unified School District programs may not be approved. The District reserves the right to deny any request.
Translation: As a courtesy to our community and in order to provide access to all students, we encourage you to consider distributing informational literature in the prominent languages in our District; English, Spanish, Chinese and Korean.
Organization Information: All flyers to be distributed shall clearly state the name and contact information of the organization.
Disclaimer: All Fliers must contain this disclaimer on the front of the flier, in a location where it is easy to see:
“The Rowland Unified School District neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity represented in this material. The District accepts no liability or responsibility for the program/activity. The distribution or display of this material is provided as a community service.”
Inappropriate Advertising and Solicitations: Text and graphics on fliers must comply with existing laws, District standards, and school rules. For example, text and graphics on fliers may not:
- Be slanderous to any group
- Promote violation of school rules, incite students to commit unlawful acts, or disrupt the orderly operation of school or District activities
- Depict drugs; tobacco, alcohol, violence, fighting, intimidation, weapons, gang/cult/affiliation, or inappropriate language; or be sexually suggestive
- Promote particular political, candidate, party, or ballot measures, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views during events scheduled pursuant to the Civic Center Act
- Activities such as raffles, which are illegal, may not be included on fliers
- Solicit funds or services for an organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in Board policy.
Advertising: Sponsors/sponsor logos may NOT be acknowledged or listed on fliers/literature. The submitting organization may include their logo only.
Use of Facilities: If fliers describe non-school activities held at a Rowland Unified school site, the sponsoring organization must obtain an approved District use facilities before the flier can be distributed.
Staff Assistance: Because of the educational demands, school staff cannot assist community organizations by collecting sign-up forms, taking phone calls, relaying messages, etc.
Comply with Board and Administrative Policies: All materials must comply with rules and regulations set forth in Rowland Unified Board Policies including but not limited to Board Policy 1325 – Advertising and Promotion.