Rowland USD E-Newsblast… 1/15/15
REMINDER: Choice Open Enrollment for (2015-16 School Year) Deadline is this Friday, January 16 by 4 p.m. to Pupil Services. RUSD is accepting applications for Choice Open Enrollment within the District for the 2015-16 school year from families that live within the District. Click HERE for more information. Applications are available at all school sites.
· RUSD COMMUNITY INPUT NEEDED!
The Rowland Unified School District is committed to serving the needs of all of our students. To help us to continue to receive critical funding to support RUSD’s homeless students, we need your help with taking a brief survey. Your feedback will help shape the direction of our Homeless Education Program. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Click HERE to take the survey. (This survey closes January 23, 2015).
· Free Testing Event This Monday for Students to Take SAT or ACT: Do you know a student who would love to practice the SAT/ACT test for free? Students will have the opportunity to take practice tests for the New SAT, Current SAT, or ACT by C2 Education in Hacienda Heights this Monday, Jan. 19 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. *To register: Please provide school name, grade, preferred test and phone number to: firstname.lastname@example.org Call (626)581-7300. Bring calculator, No. 2 pencil and a snack. Absolutely no cost!
· Book Giveaway for Rowland High Students: Rowland High School will hold an “Evening at the Library” event on January 21 from 4 to 6 p.m. where students may come and pick out a book to take home! There will also be a scholarship presentation from the Navy in the West Wing of the library for students. Rowland High School Librarian Clare Ruesga is excited to share that 2,400 books were donated to Rowland High School thanks to a grant received from the Molina Foundation. Their interest is in building home libraries for all children; especially for students in need. The books received vary in topic, author, and genre, but all are geared toward our secondary population. ELD and special education classes toured the library on Wednesday, January 14th during school to select titles. The rest of Rowland High School students are invited to the “Evening at the Library” event to pick out their book. (It will run on a first come, first serve basis with no rain checks).
- “Lucky 13 Casino Night Fundraiser”: The Friends of Rowland Unified Schools Foundation (FOR US) is excited to announce that the “Lucky 13 Casino Night Fundraiser” will be held on Friday, March 13th from 6 - 10 p.m. at the Industry Hills Expo Center's Pavilion. Admission is $35 per person which includes dinner and $200 in gaming chips. Proceeds from ticket sales and event sponsorships directly benefit RUSD student scholarships and teacher grants. Lucky 13 Casino Night will be capped at 300 people and is expected to sell out! Please reserve your ticket today by contacting Executive Director Albert Chang at the FOR US office or by email at email@example.com.
· Still Openings for Rainbow Child Development Center at Rowland Heights High School! The Rainbow Child Development Center at Rowland High School operated by the La Puente Valley R.O.P. currently has openings for its preschool program. They are a licensed child care facility that focuses on providing developmentally appropriate learning opportunities in a safe and nurturing environment. They are currently enrolling children from 2 ½ to 5 years of age. EXTENDED HOURS: The center is opened Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and is conveniently located on the Rowland High School Campus. All families are welcomed and encouraged to apply. Cost: $500 a month. For more information please call 626-935-8186.
CURRENT RUSD CLASSIFIED JOB OPENINGS
APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED ONLINE AT:
Assistant Superintendent – Admin. Services - Open until filled
Click here to apply: Assistant Supt. - Admin Services
Health Assistant II - Open until filled
Click here to apply: Health Assistant II
Instructional Assistant II – Closing date January 23, 2015
Click here to apply: Instructional Assistant II
Instructional Assistant II-Bilingual (Spanish) – Closing date January 23, 2015
Click here to apply: Instructional Assistant II-Bilingual (Spanish)
Instructional Assistant II-Bilingual/Biliterate (Spanish) – Closing date January 23, 2015
Click here to apply: Instructional Assistant II-Bilingual/Biliterate (Spanish)
Personal Care Assistant – January 8 – January 30, 2015
Applications will be accepted on-line through January 26 – January 30, 2015 until 4:30p.m. Click here to apply: Personal Care Assistant