New Requirement: No Tdap Shot/No School
New California Law requires ALL students entering or advancing into 7th grade need to provide the school with proof of a Tdap (whooping cough) shot before starting school this fall. By law, students who do not have proof of Tdap will not be able to register for school for Fall 2012 until proof is provided (Td shots do not meet the requirement).
Avoid the rush; meet the Tdap requirement now:
· If your child received the Tdap shot at age 7 years or older, please bring your child’s immunization (shot) record to the school office where your child currently attends as soon as possible.
· If your child has not received Tdap, get the shot from:
1. Your family physician/clinic
2. RUSD Children’s Clinic--Open Mondays and Thursdays 8-11:30 & 12:30-2:30.
17800 Renault in La Puente (626) 964-4798
3. Dial 211 for a no or low cost provider near you
Remember to bring your child’s shot record to get the shot then provide written proof of Tdap to your child’s current school.
Visit ShotsForSchool.org or contact your school health office for more information.