RUSD SCHOOL TOUR DAY TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7
Tours at ALL RUSD Schools at 8:30 AM and 10:30 AM
Come see innovative teaching and learning in action that is taking place in Rowland Unified! Step into our schools and classrooms as we welcome you on Tuesday, February 7 for RUSD School Tour Day. There will be tours offered to the community at all school campuses at 8:30 AM and again at 10:30 AM.
Rowland Unified is proud of our award-winning schools and innovative programs and we want you to see first-hand our committment to Innovative Learning for All. Learn more about our schools that have rigourous academics and enrichment programs for student success. Here are just a few of our Raves About Rowland:
- 2016 CALIFORNIA GOLD RIBBON SCHOOLS: Proud of our seven California Gold Ribbon Schools: Hollingworth Elementary, Jellick Elementary, Shelyn Elementary, Stanley G. Oswalt Academy, Telesis Academy of Science & Math, Villacorta Elementary and Ybarra Academy of Arts and Technology.
- BEFORE/AFTER-SCHOOL CHILDCARE: All elementary schools, as well as selected intermediate schools in RUSD, offer before-and-after-school care starting at 6:30 a.m. with after school care until 6 p.m. by Options Surround Care, a licensed day-care provider. Additional after-school enrichment programs are throughout the District and vary at each school site.
- MUSIC FOR ALL: EVERY elementary student in grades 1-6 receives music classes each week during the school day. Students can choose Strings, Band or General Music. There is also a District Mariachi and Honor Orchestra.
- RIGOROUS ACADEMICS: Other specialty programs include International Baccalaureate (IB) World Schools, Advanced Placement (AP), HONORS, GATE, “No Excuses University” and AVID college culture schools.
- LANGUAGES: Across the District students can learn a foreign language. Spanish Dual Language Immersion programs begin in Kindergarten, at Intermediate and High Schools Chinese, French, Pilipino and Spanish is offered.
- ENRICHMENT: Rowland has a strong commitment to enrichment programs for students. A wide variety of visual and performing arts, athletic programs, along with Robotics, Engineering, Science Olympiad and after-school language classes are at several schools.
- COLLEGE & CAREER FOCUSED: Rowland Unified School District educators are committed to innovative learning for all, to prepare every student for success in college and the workforce. RUSD is proud that both Nogales and Rowland High Schools offer a wide array of AP and Honor Classes, the prestigious International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma, and Career Technical Education Classes and a Career Certification Program, where students can study one of six career pathways: Arts & Communications, Business, Family & Consumer Sciences, Health & Medical Services, Public & Human Services, and Technology.
- Each year RUSD students are accepted and attend the nation’s most prestigious colleges and universities and earn more than $2 million in scholarships.
DOWNLOAD FLIERS IN ENGLISH/SPANISH/CHINESE/KOREAN BELOW.