- 4 National Blue Ribbon Schools! Blandford and Killian Elementary Schools, Alvarado Intermediate, and Rowland High School
- 16 California Distinguished Schools Awards! More California School Boards Association Golden Bell awards than any other District in the region!
- Two IB World High Schools: Nogales and Rowland High Schools offer the prestigious International Baccalaureate Program.
- Two K-8 IB World Schools - Stanley G. Oswalt Academy and Ybarra Academy of Arts and Technology are both International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) Schools - Two of only 28 PYP Schools in California.
- Both High Schools Offer Career Pathways Program: All RUSD students select one of six career pathways with elective coursework. Students can choose to earn certificate that includes internship, research projects and career-related activities.
- 2011 - Opened Telesis Academy of Science & Math - The newest K-8 Academy in RUSD!
- No Excuses University - Telesis Academy of Science & Math is proud to be a National No Excuses University College School, the College Readiness Program that begins in Kindergarten.
- Cotsen Foundation Partnership: One of the few Districts in the State Selected to Participate in the ART of TEACHING Mentor Program. Gifted educators become mentors to other teachers. 2014-15 school is Telesis Academy.
The Awards Keep Coming…
- 2014 - Alvarado Intermediate National "School to Watch" - One of only 5 Schools in California to be Redesignated Three Times for Prestigious Honor. Recognized in Washington D.C. June 26, 2014. The school was first named a Model Middle School in 2004, then re-designated in 2007, 2011 and again in 2014.
- 2013 - California Business for Education Excellence Honor Roll Schools for Closing Achievement Gap and Academic Excellence: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) School - Blandford Elementary; Star Schools - Alvarado Intermediate and Ybarra Academy of Arts and Technology; Scholar School - Oswalt Academy.
- 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 & 2010 - APPLE DISTINGUISHED SCHOOL - Oswalt Academy - Five years in a row to receive this prestigious award!
- 2012 - California Business for Education Excellence Honor Roll Schools: STEM School - Blandford Elementary, Star School - Killian Elementary, Scholar School - Stanley G. Oswalt Academy.
- 2014 Rowland High School Named One of "America's Most Challenging High Schools" by The Washington Post.
- 2012, 2011, 2010 & 2009 - Rowland High School Named “One of America’s Best High Schools” by Newsweek.
- 2011 "California School of Excellence" Award to Santana High School from CA Continuation Education Association.
- Great Community! Rowland Heights Named Best Place to Raise Kids in California (2011 Boomberg Businessweek)
- 2010 iQ Academy Online charter school opens for students in grades 6 - 12.
- Committed to College Success! ALL elementary and secondary schools offer the AVID program.
- Rowland High selected as a Model School by International Center for Leadership in Education.
Creating Global Thinkers & Leaders…
- Apple 1 to 1 Laptop Learning Program: RUSD First District in State to offer Apple Laptop Program in K - 12 schools. Launched at Oswalt and Ybarra Academies in 2008. 2010: Launched at Giano Intermediate and Nogales High School. Innovative program offers Apple Notebook computers for teachers and students with 24/7 learning.
- Dual Immersion Program (K-6) that begins in Kindergarten at Rorimer Elementary and Spanish Bilingual Program offered at Hurley Elementary.
- Students can graduate with Bilingual Competency Award in heritage language (Chinese, French, Korean, Spanish, Tagalog)
A Community of Caring Culture…
- 2007 “Outstanding School District Award” by Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Center for Community of Caring.
- Unlimited learning opportunities available for parents and community through Rowland Adult Education.
- “Best in the West” Academy/Diamond Awards for National Standards Counseling Programs in all intermediate/high schools.
- Options Child Care offered at every elementary school site.
Innovation & Planning for the Future…
- Thanks to the community, Bond Measure R 2012 Bond passed that will provide $158.8 million in funds to focus on critical safety and energy efficiency upgrades and new school buildings at Rowland High School, Nogales High School, Oswalt Academy (K-8), and upgrade classrooms not previously modernized at schools across the District.
- With 2006 Bond funds, have opened 10 new Libraries at Elementary Schools.
- More than $4 Million in Career Technical Education State Matching Grants for modernization at Nogales and Rowland High Schools for: Automotive Technology Program at Nogales; Culinary Arts/JAR at Rowland High, Business and Information Technology at both schools.